Sat, Mar 23|
Cherry Blossoms - Street Photography Series in DC 2024
Spring time Street Photography in Washington DC, and during Cherry Blossom? Now that's a Vibe! Join us!
Time & Location
Mar 23, 2024, 6:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDT
Jeffreson Memorial, 16 E Basin Dr SW, Washington, DC 20242, USA
About the event
Yes! Its that time a year again, where we go to DC to get inspired and shoot the Cherry Blossoms at their peak!
The National Park Service annouced the peak bloom...it's too early to tell! SO THE DATE OF THIS EVENT MAY CHANGE!
We will meet at the Jefferson Memorial Parking lot at 6am for those wow would like to get sunshine shots, if a clear morning. That parking lot is on the opposite side of the monument across the tidal basin by the paddle boats. PLEASE MEET THERE, that will be our home base.
Parking is always a challenge during these times, and we must check to make sure the Cherry Blossom marathon is not happening when we schedule the final event date. That event closes streets in DC!
PLEASE NOTE: Metro doesnt start running until 7am. I would use UBER or LYFT to get to the parking lot, and then use Metro Rail to get back to your car. (Get on or off the Metro at the Smithsonian stop.)
Agenda while in DC:
You can meet us at either one of the different agenda points listed below. We will wait 30-minutes only at each, so be there on time if you wish to meet us.
- At 6am at the Paddle Boats across from The Jefferson Memorial. Sunrise is at 7:06am March 23rd, 2024, projected workshop date. (This option is if we will have a clear sky to witness the twilight and the morning sun rays. If there will be no sun, we will meet at "8am" instead. Contact Jeff to confirm status.)
- From there we walk along the Tidal Basin, and continue to the MLK and Roosevelt Memorials and capture the different scenes.
- At 9am we will meet our models at the MLK Memorial and work with them until 11am around the National Mall.
- Please Note: We will only wait 15-20 minutes at the two meeting locations. After that you can ask us to drop our location.
Last year the marathon blocked many streets leading into the area in the morning, again lets remember to check our date is different. ;)
This Workshop Models:
What to Bring:
What to bring, if you have it:
- 24mm - 200mm Lens range
- Light Metter
- Gray card, or color checker (you will need it.)
- Fully charged batteries for your camera and lights and spares.
- Snacks and water
- Comfortable walking shoes
- And Patience! If the weather is right this is a very popular place to be starting at 4am and lasts all weekend day and night!!!! Its a DC thing.
As always, we will show you how to use the sun, position, and technical skill to get some of the best shots of the Cherry Blossoms. Plus share some of our favorite spots to shoot.
So join your instructor and guide Jeff and have fun creating shots for your portfolio!
PS. We strongly suggest you use the Metro train, I will getting on at the Greenbelt Metro Station. Use their planner and have a more enjoyable trip into and hanging in DC. Traffic and foot traffic is THE WORST BY CAR or scooter or bike at peak Cherry Blossom time.
ALSO, if Saturday is a rainy day, we will move the date to Sunday, March 24th. The very next day. If both days are rainy, we will cancel and refund you. So fingers crossed~! ;)
Thank you all~!
Never rode the DC Metro Trains before?
- See M etro Train Map: https://www.wmata.com/schedules/maps/upload/2022-System-Map.pdf
- Plan your trip, bus or rail: https://www.wmata.com/schedules/trip-planner/
- See the trains location live: https://gis.wmata.com/live/
- et the app to pay for your fares: https://www.wmata.com/fares/mobilepay/
- I hope this helps, now see you at either of the meetup locations "on-time!"
- Ticket type
General: DC Cherry Blossom
Come join us in DC during peak Cherry Blossom for some great photography.Price$60.00