Sat, Nov 18|
VNO Fells Point
Black and White "Film" Photography Series: Street Photography ($150/pp)
Let's slow it down to either fine tune your skills or to define your art. Film shooting will cause you to think about all aspects of photography. Join us!
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2023, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
VNO Fells Point, 905 S Ann St, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
About the event
If you stop and think about what all the brain has to decide on, well it makes since why most good photography schools require you to shoot in black and white and with a 50mm lens. It helps to remove the noise to help the up and coming photographer as well as experience shooters see and feel more.
Going back and just shooting in black and white for two weeks did wonders for my composition and connection to the subject matters. With this art form you will dive into what matters.
"...Black and white allows you to begin to think about these key elements (lighting, composition, elements in and out of the frame) that you might otherwise not focus on as much when you’re thinking about making colors work together, or pop......
One of the most common reasons people want to shoot in black and white today is because it lends a certain timeless quality to the images. This is because we still think of black and white as being a throwback to the photographic past. Of course, it is in terms of black and white was much more prevalent before color, but this is still a great reason to shoot black and white..... David Geffen"
In this Photography Workshop we are going to be using black and white film. We will focus on the quality of light, the exposure, subject matter and composition while walking the streets of Fells Point, Baltimore along Thames Street.
We will try to remind everyone that correct exposure is more critical with fim and its lack of room for error as we photograph.
What to bring:
- Film or Digital Camera
- Speed light (optional)
- Light meter, (hand held Incident. Optional of course, I use an App that does well too.)
- Note pad (to write details of the scenes after shots.)
Models for the paid option only:
- Ms.O (IG Profile)
- At 2pm Meet outside of the V-No 905 S.Ann Street (Street parking, or garage parking at Premium Parking at 915 S Wolfe St.)
- Introductions between 2pm - 2:15pm
- We walk with the instructor as he shares insight as we shoot people, places, and things until 5pm. During this time we practice our understanding of light, exposure control, composition, and subject selection. Then break to recap.
- Once you get your film back, we can setup a date and time to review how you did on Zoom. (Or we can set aside a date and time where you can learn to develop and scan your own black and white film. All you need is a Paterson tank that fit your film size. Here is a 35mm set. Just let me know.)
Price: $150 (You will be invoiced after we receive your RSVP.)
NOTE: If you want to be apart of this workshop but only have a digital camera, you can join us of course.
A refund is available only if the event is cancelled or rescheduled last minute and you can not make the new rescheduled date. This is different from a notified "Rain Date."
The fees collected are to produce the event and can not be refunded if you can not make it. You can ask to use the ticket cost for another like event in full or in partial.